This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: aldyh at redhat dot com
- Cc: kumar dot gala at motorola dot com, degger at fhm dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:05:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
- References: <33E22202-2BF3-11D6-87D4-000393750C1E@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:31:00 +1100
> Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
> From: Aldy Hernandez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:14:34 +1100
> >> Cc: Daniel Egger <email@example.com>, GCC Developer Mailinglist
> >> <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
> >> David Edelsohn <email@example.com>, Geoff Keating
> >> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >> From: Aldy Hernandez <email@example.com>
> >> ahhhctually, i motion we get rid of -mabi=altivec and have -maltivec
> >> imply an abi enhancement. unless geoff/david or someone else can
> >> think of a reason not to.
> > No, don't do that. I can think of lots of reasons not to.
> care to share?
You'd be deleting a feature, and worse, you'd be re-using the obvious
choice for the option that enables that feature for something
different, making it difficult to re-introduce that feature in future.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>