This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:28:15 +1100
- Subject: Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault
> All these indicate bugs that should be fixed. I expect most of the
> bugs are that TARGET_ALTIVEC_ABI was used when it should have been
> either TARGET_ALTIVEC or nothing.
>> perhaps this needs to be readressed and having -maltivec imply an
>> abi change^Wenhancement. i for one, wouldn't mind getting
>> rid of -mabi=altivec, but i believe geoff wanted it that way.
> No, -maltivec should not change the ABI. It should allow using
> altivec as much as possible with the current ABI.
why would anyone want to use -maltivec without -mabi=altivec?
i see no use for it, especially now that i'm planning on adding
-mno-vrsave as kumar suggested.
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: email@example.com
Professional Gypsy Lost in Australia
Red Hat, Inc.