Re: [TESTCASE] Minimized testcase for AltiVec segfault

> All these indicate bugs that should be fixed.  I expect most of the
> bugs are that TARGET_ALTIVEC_ABI was used when it should have been
> either TARGET_ALTIVEC or nothing.

agreed, but...

>> perhaps this needs to be readressed and having -maltivec imply an
>> abi change^Wenhancement.  i for one, wouldn't mind getting
>> rid of -mabi=altivec, but i believe geoff wanted it that way.
>
> No, -maltivec should not change the ABI.  It should allow using
> altivec as much as possible with the current ABI.

why would anyone want to use -maltivec without -mabi=altivec?
i see no use for it, especially now that i'm planning on adding
-mno-vrsave as kumar suggested.

--
Aldy Hernandez                                E-mail: aldyh@redhat.com
Professional Gypsy Lost in Australia