This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -shared-libgcc vs. -static -static-libgcc
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:00:51 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: -shared-libgcc vs. -static -static-libgcc
> What difference would it make? It would end up being used for any C++
> compilation just the same, no?
The testsuite doesn't use CXXFLAGS. In general, it's easier to do arcane
awk commands on CXXFLAGS than on CXX, which I try not to modify. Since
-shared-libgcc seems like a flag, not a compiler invocation, I'd think it
would be there anyway, but whatever.
Anyway, semantics need to be fixed anyway, regardless of how
-shared-libgcc is propagated down to target libraries.