This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation proposal
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:06:40 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: Installation proposal
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
In article <email@example.com> Mark Mitchell writes:
> Read this unless you are willing to let me change the build process around
> somewhat dramatically without knowing what I'm going to do.
As one that monkeys around with various gcc Makefiles more than is
healthy, I strongly support your goal. I can't take credit for it,
but we have already started down the staging path with libstdc++-v3
since by arranging headers as they appear in $prefix, we could reduce
the ad hoc command line setup (you observed as similar issue but we
know it helped in actual practice).