This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling boost with gcc 3.1
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:14:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Compiling boost with gcc 3.1
- References: <200202271913.g1RJDHb10554@fillmore.constant.com>
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Hey Craig.
> These regressions in boost are unfortunate: do you know what's up?
> Getting this fixed ASAP is a top priority, so if somebody can put in
> the analysis time I would definitely be willing to work on fixes.
I completely agree with Benjamin.
On the other hand, I'd like to warn (and reassure) that the Boost tests are not
"Standard C++ conformance" tests in that are *full* of specific tweakings for
specific versions of the various compilers (recently I noticed again this while
checking that call_traits are now 100% ok, that is from 4 (g++ <= 3.0.X) to 0
For sure 3.1 is not recognized in many of them and many failures are spurious.