This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation proposal
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Feb 2002 12:32:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: Installation proposal
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
Mark> 3. At install time, run a single script which copies everything
Mark> in install into prefix.
It isn't quite that simple.
Don't shared libraries have to be relinked with knowledge of their
real install location?
Sometimes you need to run post-install code, like install-info.
This requires even more disk space than is already required. I'm
probably the last person alive who actually cares about this.