This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation proposal
- From: Paul Koning <pkoning at equallogic dot com>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:48:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Installation proposal
- References: <email@example.com>
As a novice at GCC hackery I don't have any real opinion about the
mechanics you're proposing. But the idea sounds sensible.
There may be another benefit, perhaps... if you actually do the more
complex change of updating where the outputs go, then in stage 2 the
invocations of the newly built compiler would look more like regular
invocations rather than the somewhat messy ones you have now. It's
possible that a bunch of the "this compiler can't create binaries"
failures that you tend to see -- especially in cross-builds if you
don't know all the right magic words -- will go away. That would be a