This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation proposal
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:12:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: Installation proposal
Either you have overwritten the user's choice for prefix, which
means that the compiler no longer can be installed where the user
originally intended, *OR* install/bin/g++ will not work because it will
look in /some/user/prefix/lib/gcc-lib/...
Or, are you saying that you somehow want GCC to recognize the
directory into which it was installed and access all files with relative
paths so that $prefix no longer would be built into the compiler and only
used for installation?