This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Successful Install of gcc-3.0.3 on powerpc-ibm-aix220.127.116.11
- From: Ed Mackenty <ed dot mackenty at RocketSoftware dot com>
- To: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ed Mackenty <ed dot mackenty at RocketSoftware dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:48:56 -0500
- Subject: Successful Install of gcc-3.0.3 on powerpc-ibm-aix18.104.22.168
I have successfully built gcc-3.0.3 on AIX 22.214.171.124. Following the
system-specific installation notes for AIX, I first installed the
Gnu assembler from the binutils-2.11.2 distribution. Here's the
% gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199/3.0.3/specs
Configured with: /usr/local/src/gcc-3.0.3/configure
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.0.3
I did the simplest build possible: configure; make bootstrap; make install.
Worked perfectly. Afterwards, I checked the permissions on the shared
libraries (as per the note on GCC's exception handling implementation in
the system-specific installation notes for *-ibm-aix*). The libgcc_s.a
was already set to 0751 (no read by others) as the note said it should be,
but libstdc++.a was not, so I changed it (chmod o-r libstdc++.a). This is
the only post-build change I needed to make.
Congratulations to the GCC team! This is an amazing piece of work!
Edmund R. MacKenty Ed.MacKenty@rocketsoftware.com