This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Sucessful build - gcc3.0.4 - hp10.20
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: plagace at giref dot ulaval dot ca (Patrick Lagace)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:29:03 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Sucessful build - gcc3.0.4 - hp10.20
This build should not count for the purpose of the build status page.
> C and C++
> gcc -v:
> Reading specs from bin/../lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20/3.0.4/specs
> Configured with: ../gcc-3.0.4/configure --with-gnu-as
> Thread model: single
> gcc version 3.0.4
> A older GCC was used to build this one; this is not a "make bootstrap"
> using the native compiler, a simple "make".
Then you aren't testing the ability of the compiler to build itself,
and furthermore the executable you generated will not be the same as
the executable produced by a proper "make bootstrap".