Re: 3.1 branch check-in policy questions

> I have two areas where I wanted to ask if check-ins to the 3.1 branch
> are appropriate.  I believe they both are, but wanted to confirm:
>
> (1) I'd like treat Alpha/VMS support the same way as we're treating Ada: since
> it's a new feature, changes just to files for it should be permitted to fix
> bugs that are not necessarily regressions.
If I  understnd properly, the ADA, like Java, can be fixed because it is
not part of release criteria. Similary the Alpha/VMS is not (or x86-64/Linux
that interest me), so I interpret it as falling to same category - Alpha/VMS
specific changes are OK as long as they do not affect Alpha ports in the
release criterias.

Honza