Re: LINK_SPEC question

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:57:21AM +0100, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > I have set LINK_SPEC to this:
> > And this can be shown when running "gcc -dumpspecs":
> > But when collect2 is run, it does this:
>
> Did you forget to "rm specs"?

No. I just figured out that I had to build the crosscompiler first, and
then build (with this crosscompiler) the compiler to run natively on the
hammer. I didn't know that specs was built by dumping the crosscompiler
specs, I expected that it was built along with the compiler.

This scheme works fine for "make bootstrap", but it is awkward for
crosscompilation. How about an entry on the "newbie projects" webpage for
a way to make the specs file directly?

Sorry for the newbie question. At least I learned something here.

Bo.

     Free software developer    |   5290 Marslev
     SuSE Labs                  |   Denmark