GCC 3.0.4 Build on Athlon

RedHat Linux 7.2
AMD Athlon
2.4.14 kernel
glibc 2.2.4
Thread model: posix

The athlon specific code generation seems to be working fine. I only
installed C and C++. Successfully built a couple of Linux kernels, mplayer
0.6, and a few other pieces of random software - everything seems normal.

BTW, what would be the correct GCC 3 version to go for on a SPARCv8 (SS5)?
I have RedHat 6.2, so would I need to update binutils / glibc / kernel /
something else to get that working? I currently have egcs 1.1.2 and
whatever binutils was shipped with that distro.

Thanks,

Jack