Re: builtin_types_compatible_p and const

Am Die, 2002-02-26 um 10.24 schrieb Joseph S. Myers:

> If vec_lvsl accepts "char *" rather than "const char *", presumably it
> modifies what's pointed to by its argument (else why wasn't it specified
> to use const, unless the interface predates ANSI C89)?

No it doesn't. I simply takes the given address & 0xF and generates
a permutation vector that can be used to align data not aligned
on a 16byte boundary.

On a side note: The AltiVec Programming Interface Manual stats on
side 100:

"d = vec_lvsl (a, b)"

and further

"The b type may also be a pointer to a const- or volatile-qualified
type"

and to backup my complaint about not being able to vec_ld from
const types:

"d = vec_ld (a, b)"

[...]

"The b type may also be a pointer to a const-qualified type"

--
Servus,
       Daniel