This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: common tree nodes question
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ezannoni at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:57:22 +1100
- Subject: Re: common tree nodes question
On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 05:48 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:26:26PM +1100, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
>> * dwarf2out.c (modified_type_die): Do not call type_main_variant
>> for vectors.
>> (gen_type_die): Same.
>> * attribs.c (handle_vector_size_attribute): Set debug information.
> This is ok. Not ideal, but ok.
me wonders if it would've just been easier to create a proper vector
keyword/type that would work just like the vector_size attribute.
i hardly think all this hassle is worth the trouble. every where
we look there are corner cases unaccounted for that require tweaking.
...and can we keep using __attribute__((vector_size(blah))) forever?
i mean, eventually we'll want auto-vectorization and all sorts of things.
i can't see this thing scaling well.
oh well, committing.
from vector hell,