This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: common tree nodes question
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ezannoni at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:17:13 +1100
- Subject: Re: common tree nodes question
>> new_type = type_for_mode (new_mode, TREE_UNSIGNED (type));
>> ! t = TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT (new_type);
>> ! TYPE_DEBUG_REPRESENTATION_TYPE (t) = rt;
> You can't modify T. You need to create a new type which is a
> variant of new_type to hold your TYPE_DEBUG_REPRESENTATION_TYPE.
been there done that. i tried making a copy of the node with
copy_node and then doing magic on that. didn't work because then
the FE gets all confused because of type inequality.