This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: common tree nodes question
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ezannoni at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:14:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: common tree nodes question
- References: <20020225082638.GA6899@redhat.com> <20020226015650.GA13321@redhat.com>
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 12:56:50PM +1100, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> ...but for vectors created with "vector_size", we know exactly the
> underlying type, and can use this to build the debug information.
An interesting idea. Particularly since now you could
concevably debug vectors of enumerations.
> new_type = type_for_mode (new_mode, TREE_UNSIGNED (type));
> ! t = TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT (new_type);
> ! TYPE_DEBUG_REPRESENTATION_TYPE (t) = rt;
You can't modify T. You need to create a new type which is a
variant of new_type to hold your TYPE_DEBUG_REPRESENTATION_TYPE.