This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
builtin_types_compatible_p and const
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Joseph Myers <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:45:04 +1100
- Subject: builtin_types_compatible_p and const
On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 12:38 AM, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Mon, 2002-02-25 um 03.03 schrieb Aldy Hernandez:
>> first, vec_lvsl accepts "char *" not "const char *", so you'll
>> have to cast.
> That's about the most annoying thing. What's wrong about loading
> from a constant address?
i agree, let's summon the expert again...
joseph, i agree with daniel. the code below should compile, but
x and y are not compatible according to the builtin. are there
any objections to making a patch to fix this?
const char *x;
int foo[__builtin_types_compatible_p (__typeof(x), __typeof(y)) == 1 ?
1 : -1];