Re: Get rid of libtool? [was Re: Makefile problems]

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:45:11AM -0500, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> On 25 Feb 2002, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > There are a lot of small details that, when
> > added up, may turn into enough of a hassle that a lot of libtool's
> > built-in intelligence ends up having to be duplicated, and poorly.
>
> Isn't that happening already for libgcc_s?

No.

The rules for building libgcc_s are quite simple, and are completely
contained within one single makefile rule, which is brought in from
some target-specific makefile fragment.

The problems we're having with libgcc_s are philosophical wrt how it
should be partitioned and used.  There are zero problems with the
actual construction of the library.

r~