This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AltiVec too pedantic about type qualifiers
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:09:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: AltiVec too pedantic about type qualifiers
On PPC, all char's are unsigned by default.
On Monday, February 25, 2002, at 03:40 , Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Mon, 2002-02-25 um 03.10 schrieb Aldy Hernandez:
>> but if you fix the const, you'll get an incompatible assignment.
>> this is because you're probably building on darwin which has
>> char defaulting to unsigned char, so vec_ld will return a
>> "vector unsigned char".
> Negative. This is linux-ppc.
>> this is an inconsistency in darwin having chars being unsigned.
> This is no problem here. :)
>> i think there's probably a flag to have gcc's chars default to
>> signed (anyone??)