This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Successful build of gcc-3.0.4 on i686-pc-cygwin
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Darren Smith <gccmail at darrenjs dot vispa dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:09:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: Successful build of gcc-3.0.4 on i686-pc-cygwin
- References: <E16eheLemail@example.com>
On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 07:16:01PM +0000, Darren Smith wrote:
> I have successfully downloaded and built gcc version 3.0.4 on a PIII PC-compatible computer running Windows XP Home Edition and Cygwin 1.3.9.
> I placed the downloaded, unzipped gcc distribution in a directory called e:\\objdir\\srcdir, and issued the following commands from the e:\\objdir directory. All commands were issued from the cygwin prompt.
> > srcdir/configure --enable-threads=win32 --enable-languages=c,c++,java
> > make bootstrap
> > make install
> Done! (output from above commands is not shown)
> > srcdir/config.guess
> > which gcc
> > gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.0.4/specs
> Configured with: srcdir/configure --enable-threads=win32 --enable-languages=c,c+
> Thread model: win32
> gcc version 3.0.4
Thanks! I've added this to the GCC 3.0 build status list at