This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AltiVec too pedantic about type qualifiers
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 25 Feb 2002 21:40:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: AltiVec too pedantic about type qualifiers
- References: <E4BA2A0C-2994-11D6-97EE-000393750C1E@redhat.com>
Am Mon, 2002-02-25 um 03.10 schrieb Aldy Hernandez:
> but if you fix the const, you'll get an incompatible assignment.
> this is because you're probably building on darwin which has
> char defaulting to unsigned char, so vec_ld will return a
> "vector unsigned char".
Negative. This is linux-ppc.
> this is an inconsistency in darwin having chars being unsigned.
This is no problem here. :)
> i think there's probably a flag to have gcc's chars default to
> signed (anyone??)