Re: 3.1 doesn't bootstrap on sparcv9

> On Feb 23, 2002, Brad Lucier <lucier@math.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
> > I think this has been implicit in some previous messages, but just in
> > case someone thinks that no-one noticed, here's the error message:
>
> Fixing this is in my to-do list, but I wouldn't mind if someone beat
> me to it.  It's a bug that used to be hidden in the SPARC port and
> that was exposed by a patch that recently added some sanity checks.

Thank you for the patch, I was able to bootstrap and regtest on
sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8.

Unfortunately, there were quite a number of new regressions, see especially
the gcc tests in

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-02/msg00540.html

versus

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-02/msg00421.html