Re: 3.0.4 builds for solaris 2.7 and 2.8

>> I've reported before being bitten by misspelling configure options,
>> and configure does not report an error.
>
>So which of the configure scripts do you suggest to look for unknown
>flags and report them?
>
>Remember that it can't be the top-level configure because it's used to
>build a number of different sub-packages, each of which has its own
>set of configure options that keep changing, and it can't be any of
>the sub-packages' configure scripts because those shouldn't have to
>know about each other :-)

If you're asking for ideas, howsa about this one :-)

Have the top-level configuration script build a file that contains
a list of the configuration option passed in, one per line, and the
sub-packages configure script removes from the list those options that
it understands.  At the end of all the sub-package configurations, if
there is anything left in the list then its either unknown or mispelled.
Of course the top-level configuration script would any that it
undrestands.

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)