This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AltiVec too pedantic about type qualifiers [UPDATE]
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 25 Feb 2002 14:38:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: AltiVec too pedantic about type qualifiers [UPDATE]
- References: <EC2425E0-2993-11D6-97EE-000393750C1E@redhat.com>
Am Mon, 2002-02-25 um 03.03 schrieb Aldy Hernandez:
> first, vec_lvsl accepts "char *" not "const char *", so you'll
> have to cast.
That's about the most annoying thing. What's wrong about loading
from a constant address?
> second, and most importantly, the altivec specs say that
> vec_lvsl() returns a "vector unsigned char" for any of its
> variants... so you'll have to cast the return to "vector signed
> char". gcc will not do the conversion for you like with
> scalars of signed int/unsigned int.
Yes, that was just a cut-n-pasto in the example.