This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: altivec amusement
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, GCC Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:00:04 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: altivec amusement
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> joseph, it seems __builtin_types_equal differentiates between
> int foo
> int *foo
> so what brad is trying to do won't work.
> is __builtin_types_equal doing the right thing?
__builtin_types_compatible_p correctly distinguishes. __typeof correctly
acts like sizeof in that the array-to-pointer and function-to-pointer
conversions do not apply to its argument. (Of course the value that ends
up getting passed to the function does have those conversions applied.)
Joseph S. Myers