This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: altivec amusement
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, GCC Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:38:29 +1100
- Subject: Re: altivec amusement
[let's ask joseph about this one]
found the problem.
the moto specs are so vague... they're not helpful. this
is a case of "eeech, you may be right, i may be right".
vector unsigned char high_products;
low = vec_ldl((int) *(inp++),high_products);
replace the high_products in the call to vec_ldl with:
(vector unsigned char *)high_products
vec_ldl is expecting a "vector unsigned char *" in the second
argument, not a "vector unsigned char ".
joseph, it seems __builtin_types_equal differentiates between
so what brad is trying to do won't work.
is __builtin_types_equal doing the right thing?
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: email@example.com
Professional Gypsy Lost in Australia
Red Hat, Inc.