This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Performance with IA64
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: Thomas Hiller <thomas dot hiller at sap dot com>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 05:37:24 -0800
- Subject: Re: Performance with IA64
- References: <3C760D5A.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Friday 22 February 2002 01:20, Thomas Hiller wrote:
> I tested the gcc 3.0.2 (and gcc 3.1 at that time) and got in the end a
> 25% degradation compared to the Win64 compiler.
Just curious; is there a general understanding of which compiler is meant? I
have used only the Microsoft and Intel compilers for Windows, each of which
is in a different pricing and support model category. I would be surprised
if there were a gcc for Win64; even more surprised if it performed better
than on linux.
> Have the current 3.1 snapshots optimization for IA64 that can change the
> picture ?
> What are the plans to get at least near to Win64 ?
> I'm using Linux on IA64.
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,