Re: Performance with IA64

On Friday 22 February 2002 01:20, Thomas Hiller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tested the gcc 3.0.2 (and gcc 3.1 at that time) and got in the end a
> 25% degradation compared to the Win64 compiler.
Just curious; is there a general understanding of which compiler is meant?  I
have used only the Microsoft and Intel compilers for Windows, each of which
is in a different pricing and support model category.  I would be surprised
if there were a gcc for Win64; even more surprised if it performed better
than on linux.