This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC3.0.4 : Solaris 2.6 build failure
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 09:38:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC3.0.4 : Solaris 2.6 build failure
- References: <200202230353.g1N3rk627178@banach.math.purdue.edu>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:53:46PM -0500, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Re: The discussion about whether -mcpu=ultrasparc works on gcc-3.0.4
> My experience with -mcpu=ultrasparc on the 3.0.* series is that it
> doesn't work worth a damn.
> Even on the mainline, routines are effectively restricted to < 128Kbytes
> in size on sparcv9 (see PR 5626; the commentary there says that that
> the limit is 256Kbytes, but that is incorrect).
I'm working on a patch for this...
> So, for my purposes, the mainline sparcv9 port of gcc 3.1 doesn't work,