This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.0.4 builds for solaris 2.7 and 2.8
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva)
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:01:00 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: 3.0.4 builds for solaris 2.7 and 2.8
> On Feb 23, 2002, Brad Lucier <email@example.com> wrote:
> > OK, how about a warning from the top-level configure for options it
> > can't recognize?
> It would be a maintenance burden to whoever modifies any of the
> sub-packages' set of supported options.
I meant that the top-level configure would be allowed to give a warning about a
valid subconfigure option.
> However, such patch wouldn't life very long, since we have a volunteer
> autoconfiscating the top-level configure script.
OK, does that mean I should stop discussing this, that it just won't be