This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Why -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 for Solaris?
- From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at attbi dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:32:54 -0500
- Subject: Why -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 for Solaris?
In PR 4915, the submitter asked why on _XOPEN_SOURCE
on Solaris is defined to 500 with g++ but not
I think this is due to the following:
/* For C++ we need to add some additional macro definitions required
by the C++ standard library. */
#define CPLUSPLUS_CPP_SPEC "\
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 \
which was added here:
date: 2001/05/16 01:11:18; author: mmitchel; state: Exp; lines: +22 -0
* config/sparc/sol2.h (CPLUSPLUS_CPP_SPEC): Define.
* porting.texi: Correct documentation about handling
_LARRGEFILE_SOURCE and its ilk.
* config/os/solaris/solaris2.5/bits/os_defines.h: Remove
definitions of _XOPEN_SOURCE, _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, and
* config/os/solaris/solaris2.6/bits/os_defines.h: Likewise.
* config/os/solaris/solaris2.7/bits/os_defines.h: Likewise.
What is the reason for defining this? Can I close PR 4915?