This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC3.0.4 : Solaris 2.6 build failure
- From: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:53:46 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: GCC3.0.4 : Solaris 2.6 build failure
Re: The discussion about whether -mcpu=ultrasparc works on gcc-3.0.4
My experience with -mcpu=ultrasparc on the 3.0.* series is that it
doesn't work worth a damn.
Even on the mainline, routines are effectively restricted to < 128Kbytes
in size on sparcv9 (see PR 5626; the commentary there says that that
the limit is 256Kbytes, but that is incorrect).
So, for my purposes, the mainline sparcv9 port of gcc 3.1 doesn't work,