This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: altivec amusement
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 23 Feb 2002 10:47:28 +1100
- Subject: Re: altivec amusement
- References: <200202220523.g1M5NxW24725@banach.math.purdue.edu>
>>>>> "Brad" == Brad Lucier <email@example.com> writes:
> I tried to port a code that uses AltiVec heavily, originally compiled with
> CodeWarrior, to MacOS X using gcc-3.1 CVS. I got an ICE (in emit_move_insn,
> at expr.c:2748, if anyone's interested), but unfortunately I'll have to work
> hard to see if I can come up with another test case, I can't just
> post the code.
Reduce the testcase to the absolute bare reproducible minimum and
send me the .i.
> What was amusing to me was to see the size of the .i file compared to the
> c file: 20687949 bytes versus 12914 bytes. It's going to be interesting
> reading through the .i files that come with AltiVec test cases!
.i's are not meant for humans in altivec.