Re: Performance with Intel Foster chip

Thomas Hiller wrote:

> That's the name of the upcoming server chip (to be announced at
> CeBit). Let's say it's a P4 for servers.
> What's special about this chip is that it has two execution units in
> the core. And I'm not sure, whether the current gcc can make use of
> these two units.

Ah!
That new Xeon with "hyperthreading"!!! I read something on the WEB:

http://www.gamepc.com/reviews/hardware_review.asp?review=ppso&page=1&mscssid=&tp=

Yes I agree with you that it would be interesting to know how such kind
of microarchitecture is dealt with by current and forthcoming gcc...

Ciao, Paolo.