This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Performance with Intel Foster chip
- From: Thomas Hiller <thomas dot hiller at sap dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:31:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: Performance with Intel Foster chip
- References: <3C760C8B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3C760F89.email@example.com>
Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Thomas Hiller wrote:
>> will gcc 3.1 support the architecture of the Intel Foster chip ?
> What's "Foster"? The code name of a new member of the P4 family?
That's the name of the upcoming server chip (to be announced at CeBit).
Let's say it's a P4 for servers.
What's special about this chip is that it has two execution units in the
core. And I'm not sure, whether the current gcc can make use of these