This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu (Brad Lucier)
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:23:59 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: altivec amusement
I tried to port a code that uses AltiVec heavily, originally compiled with
CodeWarrior, to MacOS X using gcc-3.1 CVS. I got an ICE (in emit_move_insn,
at expr.c:2748, if anyone's interested), but unfortunately I'll have to work
hard to see if I can come up with another test case, I can't just post the code.
What was amusing to me was to see the size of the .i file compared to the
.c file: 20687949 bytes versus 12914 bytes. It's going to be interesting
reading through the .i files that come with AltiVec test cases!