Re: GCC 3.1 Branch

On Feb 21, 2002, David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> wrote:

>> I intend to create the GCC 3.1 branch sometime tomorrow.
>> If you know of a reason why we should not create the branch, please
>> let me know.  (I'm not sure what this would be, but just in case...)

Richard> At the moment, Sparc doesn't bootstrap.  It would be nice to get this
Richard> fixed and then wait at least a day for some testing before the branch.
Richard> I'd suggest Monday, assuming it actually is fixed tonight.

> 	I agree that this recently introduced Sparc bootstrap failure
> should be fixed before a branch is made.

So, is any SPARC maintainer stepping forward to help me out with the
brokenness of sparcv9?

Or perhaps I could go ahead and install the part of the patch that RTH
didn't say that would require further investigation?  Perhaps this
would be enough to get at least non-v9 sparc going again.