This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.4 Released
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk (Joseph S. Myers)
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell),gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org)
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:42:33 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.4 Released
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > Perhaps -f without -p should just result in gcc_release issuing an error
> > message and stopping.
Joseph Myers writes:
> The trouble with that is that when releasing 3.1, you probably don't want
> diffs from a previous (3.0.4) release. (Diffs from a 3.1 prerelease or a
> snapshot would be useful for some people - but it isn't so clear that they
> should be mandated.)
You're thinking of developers as opposed to end users, who will only be
using FSF releases. For them, diffs from 3.0.4 to 3.1 will be useful if
the size is substantially smaller than just downloading 3.1.