This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Altivec conditional?
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:45:24 +1100
- Subject: Re: Altivec conditional?
On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 08:52 PM, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Don, 2002-02-21 um 08.49 schrieb Aldy Hernandez:
>> but you have to include <altivec.h>
> But I can only include <altivec.h> if I have a capable compiler.
> That's not going to work as it's a chicken egg problem.
yeah, so download cvs gcc, build it and then use the resulting
compiler to compile your code (which should include <altivec.h>)
> I've only seen cplusplus code in there. How do I utilize altivec from
> C without using builtins?
same way. include <altivec.h>. there's magic there to know if
it's C or C++.
altivec builtins are evil.
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: email@example.com
Professional Gypsy Lost in Australia
Red Hat, Inc.