Re: build broken

On Feb 21, 2002, mike stump <mrs@windriver.com> wrote:

> The build for the native sparc-sun-solaris2.7 bootstrap is broken:

> ../../gcc/gcc/unwind-dw2-fde.c: In function `classify_object_over_fdes':
> ../../gcc/gcc/unwind-dw2-fde.c:650: Internal compiler error in do_SUBST, at combine.c:439

> :-(  Alexandre?

Yup.  The sanity check I installed exposed the bug.  I also posted a
patch that would fix it, but the patch wasn't entirely approved
because part of it will require some additional work, so broken was
the sparc port in this regard.  I hope someone with more familiarity
with sparc would take it over; if not, I'm going to get to it later
tonight, after I make some other fixes for a toolchain I'm working on
a get a long session of testing running.