This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ libtool lossage
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 07:55:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ libtool lossage
- References: <20020217005638.A9525@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 12:51:14AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2002, Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The issue is that libstdc++.so is not being linked against
> > libgcc_s.so, which means that the EH routines aren't being
> > bound properly.
> The link command issued by libtool on athlon-pc-linux-gnu does
> -shared -nostdlib /usr/lib/crti.o
> -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s
> which means libtool's detection worked. I'll need some more
> information about the affected platform before I can make any further
You need recent enough binutils and configure gcc with that.
If ld supports PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, then gcc driver doesn't link against
-lgcc_s (but g++ is).