This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, VEKSLER at il dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:47:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads
>>>>> Loren James Rittle writes:
>> G++ is not suppose to require pthreads
>> except when invoked with -pthread GCC option.
Loren> False. The correct answer is ``except when so configured either by
Loren> default for the port or explicitly by the gcc installer.'' In either
Loren> case, -pthread is not honored by all ports.
That may be true for GNU/Linux, but is not true for AIX and HP/UX
10. This is a port-specific issue, so making a generalization that this
is a configuration issue is incorrect. AIX requires finer-grained control
and the AIX GCC port provide finer-grained control.