This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How crazy a machine can GCC usefully target?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Alan Lehotsky <apl at alum dot mit dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:13:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: How crazy a machine can GCC usefully target?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:08:19PM -0500, Alan Lehotsky wrote:
> - completely exposed pipeline latencies.
This would have to be delt with in the assembler or
machine dependent reorg.
> - No memory.
Ugly, but doable with a "register indirect" addressing mode.
> - No stack.
This is the killer. There's no chance of making this work.