This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Michael Veksler <VEKSLER at il dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at cc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:08:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads
- References: <VEKSLER@il.ibm.com> <200202202049.PAA27722@makai.watson.ibm.com>
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:49:52PM -0500, David Edelsohn wrote:
> There is gcc/gthr-aix.h which is not installed or used by
> libstdc++ because it only checks "single" or "pthread".
That doesn't sound quite correct.
libstdc++ uses whatever gets printed after "Thread model:" in the output of
"gcc -v". We do not check for "pthread" IIRC.
Have you tried "--enable-threads=aix"? What do you normally do to get
gthr-aix.h to be used?
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams