This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Commercial Development
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: dan at dberlin dot org, jbuck at synopsys dot COM, M dot Wenke at web dot de,dewar at gnat dot com, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:34:27 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
> >>I just *hate* misinformation.
> Well one of my important points in (unintentionally) starting this long
> thread was that asking for legal advice on a mailing list like this was
> likely to generate misinformation. And, as Dan points out in his nice
> and well informed post, this thread sure has confirmed my warning :-)
It turns out that I was confused by the misleading "we won" claims on
Nolo's web site. They can argue that they won by getting the law changed,
but Dan's correct, they didn't win in court.