This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Michael Veksler" <VEKSLER at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at attbi dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:20:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC-3.0.4 (pre) on AIX requires pthreads
I have no idea what Craig is talking about. There are no
requirements for configuring with --enable-threads.
G++ is not suppose to require pthreads except when invoked with
-pthread GCC option.
Maybe some libstdc++ header is assuming that libc will provide
no-op pthread symbols when not linking against -lpthread, like GNU/Linux.