This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Installation Problem
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: ADVISE OP Projekt Team <hans dot gemperlein at dlr dot de>,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: hans dot gemperlein at dlr dot de
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:42:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC Installation Problem
- References: <3C7362C6.EAF6180E@dlr.de>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Wednesday 20 February 2002 00:48, ADVISE OP Projekt Team wrote:
> pls. let me know, if this is not the correct address to report problems!
> I am trying to install gcc-3.0.3 on an SGI Octane running IRIX 6.5.
> (GNU-) make bootstrap completes without error (though lots of warnings!)
> (GNU-) make install exits with the following messages:
> /bin/sh: /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix6.5/3.0.3/lang-f77.com:
> cannot create: No such file or directory
> make: *** [f77.install-common] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/usr/people/advise/GCC/obj_gcc/gcc'
> make: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
> What can I do?
Make sure that you have permissions and disk space required to create
directories on /usr/local. firstname.lastname@example.org might be better.