Altivec conditional?

Hija,

I may probably find something in the source after hours of digging but
probably someone here knows it already. How can I distinguish between
a GCC having the new altivec builtins and one that has not, i.e. is
there some preprocessor symbol defined?

I'd really like to cease my C/__asm__ development and use the builtins
when possible. I also might create a GCC-Altivec-FAQ with the experience
gained from being one of the first ones trying to use it productively.
:)

--
Servus,
       Daniel