Re: New to GCC Hacking

Spencer Ogden wrote:-

> I am interested in helping out with GCC. I have a good understanding of
> theroy, but very little real world experience. I checked "Simple GCC
> Projects", but it is a long list. Is there anyone who would be interested in
> helping get of the ground with a little guidence?

Thanks for volunteering.  If you're serious about having some work
applied, we will need a copyright assignment on file.  This is a
one-month long process, so best to start it now (see end of mail).

As for the project list, why not pick one that you think you can have a
stab at, and ask a more specific question if / when you get stuck?

Neil.

Please email the following information to fsf-records@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these
changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you
written
so far?]