This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Commercial Development
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, jbuck at synopsys dot COM
- Cc: M dot Wenke at web dot de, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:07:57 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
<<It is frequently claimed that it is illegal for non-lawyers to give legal
advice in the US. This is false.
Actually it varies from state to state, and also depends on whether a fee
is required. See for example State of Florida vs the woman who was giving
cheap advice on filing wills. The status of free advice on the internet
is anyone's bet, but it is safer to attach a statement to anything that
looks like legal advice saying that it is not.
Note: the above should not be construed as legal advice, it is simply the
uninformed best guess as to the current facts.